Saturday, March 2, 2013

Every time I see them I think about you
And what you said about your dad
In the middle of the parking lot at that Chinese Restaurant
And I held your hand because I didn't know what else to do
But I wanted to kiss you

I'm sorry I couldn't love you the way I wanted to
I'm sorry he can't love you the way you want him to
I'd whisper sweet everythings to you
But I can't bring myself to
Not to get my point across.

So I'm sorry for all of the regrets I harbor
Sorry for mistakes and missed opportunities
Sorry for letting moments pass me by
Sorry you don't know what I mean most of the time.

Because you say you're fine
I'm the one with low self esteem
The one who can't see herself clearly
Maybe it's a two-sided mirror
And you're on the wrong side looking through it.
Maybe I'm more reflective than you thought.

You'll bend until you break if you keep this pace
You'll shatter like dropped ceramic
But I'll pray for heat
And we can burn it all away
For the sake of our own sanity

I'm sorry I'll never make much difference
But I'll be there for you if you let me
You'll be able to find me easily
Behind mechanical chicken scratch on white lined paper
Near the end of every terrible day's hallway
At rusty blue lockers and winter cold parking lots.
I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment